Did you know that you could hire the Scarborough YMCA Theatre
for your production, seminar, fashion show or conference?
When you choose to hire the Scarborough YMCA Theatre, you are assured of not only great value, but also great service.
We host around 35 different productions each year at the YMCA Theatre, helping to deliver over 110 individual performances, attended by over 18,000 people.ÃÃÃÂ Our theatre is a versatile space that can be used for a variety of applications and is perfect for those looking for a sub-300 seat theatre for their event.
Our Theatre Manager, Graham Ibbotson, will work with you to ensure that your production, seminar, fashion show or conference will go smoothly and professionally.ÃÃÃÂ ÃÃÃÂ Don't let the fact that we are a community theatre, staffed mostly by volunteers, put you off.ÃÃÃÂ Our team are dedicated to delivering a great experience for everyone who passes through our doors.
Our theatre can seat up to 290 people in comfort, with an unrestricted view of the stage from most seats.ÃÃÃÂ We have disabled access to the stage and the dressing rooms, as well as to the auditorium itself.
Our central location makes us a perfect choice for your event and you will find our facilities to be of a high standard.
For as little as ÃÃÂ£1.71 per seat (plus VAT), you will receive:
- Four hours' use of the theatre for a full dress and technical rehearsal
- Four hours' use of the theatre for your performance/event
- The help and advice of the Theatre Manager in the planning of your 'event'
- A stage supervisor to oversee the correct operation of the backstage area
- A Lighting Control Technician to operate the computerised lighting
- A Sound Control Technician to operate the sound
- Full use of dressing room facilities for both rehearsal and performance
- Front of House Staff to run the Box Office, ticket collection, coffee bar and programme selling (if required)
- Staff to run the Box Office at our Leisure Centre reception to pre-sell tickets
- Promotion of your event via this website, printed leaflets and posters on display in the YMCA
Please note - we do not charge you extra for processing the sale of your tickets.
As you can see - you get a lot for your money when you hire the YMCA Theatre.
If you would like to take a look at the theatre, or just have an informal discussion about your needs, give Graham Ibbotson a call on 01723 374227.
The view towards the stage:
ÃÃÃÂ The view of the theatre entrance:
Our Hire Charges:
Use of Theatre with stage lighting and sound, per performance - ÃÃÂ£360
Use of Theatre with stage lighting and sound,ÃÃÃÂ per rehearsal - ÃÃÂ£235
Use of Theatre without stage lighting and sound, per session - ÃÃÂ£110
All of the above include use of some dressing rooms. Additional dressing room space is available at extra cost.
These prices are for a session of up to four hours (10am-2pm / 2pm-6pm / 6pm-10pm) and include VAT at the current rate.